Yesterday, 11 November, on the day of the Feast of the Dedication of the Church of Sant’Anselmo, the academic and monastic community celebrated by inviting H.E. Rev. Mgr. Tamburrino, Benedictine monk of the Abbey of Praglia, to preside at the Holy Mass.
Mons. Tamburrino was a student of the Pontifical Athenaeum Sant’Anselmo, earning a degree in theology in 1970. In the following years he has held many positions.
- Since 1981 he has been a lecturer at Sant’Anselmo, coordinator of the Monastic Institute and vice-prior of the international Collegio Sant’Anselmo.
- In 1989 he was elected ordinary abbot of Montevergine.
- Nine years later, on 14 February 1998, Pope John Paul II appointed him Bishop of Teggiano-Policastro.
- Subsequently he was Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments.
- In 2003 he was appointed Metropolitan Archbishop of Foggia-Bovino, and from 2009 to 2014 he held the position of vice-president of the Apulian Bishops’ Conference.
Archbishop Tamburrino spent time with the collegiate students, our students and professors, eating lunch and visiting with them until the afternoon.